Cherry connects clients with independent nail technicians, in order to perform mobile manicure services in a handful of Texas cities.

Expected pay: $30 – $90 per hour

Husl$core: $$$$

Commissions & fees: 30.25%

Where:Dallas, Houston and Austin, Texas

Requirements: Cosmetology or manicurist license; pass a skills test and background check

Cherry connects clients with independent nail technicians, in order to perform mobile manicure services in a handful of Texas cities.

How it works

Manicurists can sign up and submit their credentials, such as manicurists or cosmetology licenses and submit to a screening. If accepted, the site will start sending appointment requests. Appointments are generally scheduled during the company’s business hours, which run from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., seven days a week.

These appointments can be for simple mobile manicures done at the client’s home or office, or they can be set up for events, where the manicurist will handle multiple back-to-back appointments.

If you accept an appointment, the site expects you to keep it. Any cancellations made less than 24 hours in advance are subject to cancellation fees. (Clients who cancel at the last minute are subject to cancellation fees too.)


The services the site provides go from “mini-manicures” for $30 to gel or dip mani/pedi’s, which cost $130 before add-ons. You can find the site’s full range of services here.

Manicurists bring their own supplies and must be insured. The site recommends InsureBodyWork, which offers a professional policy for $96 per year. However, technicians are welcome to get coverage anywhere they want.


Cherry sets the rates for all services provided through the platform and passes on 69.75% of the client’s payment to the manicurist. The site keeps the remaining 30.25% as its fee for finding and collecting from clients. Manicurists also receive a transportation fee of $5 or more, depending on the destination, and 100% of the client tip.

Manicurists earnings are likely to range from about $30 to more than $70, before accounting for expenses.

Payments are made via PayPay or direct deposit within 7 days of completing an appointment.


Cherry is a relatively young mobile manicurist application (2017) with a very limited footprint. The site currently only operates in a few Texas metropolitan areas, such as Dallas, Austin and Houston. The site has ambitious growth plans, but currently does not offer opportunities for manicurists working elsewhere.

If you’re in one of the cities where this site operates, it appears to offer good opportunity for manicurists who are willing to travel for work. However, if you operate a cosmetology business elsewhere, we recommend Priv.

Priv provides mobile manicure, hair, makeup and massages in 10 states. Its cosmetologists earn between $30 and $100 per hour.

You May Also Like…

Need a Bit of Guidance?

Take the SideHusl Quiz and be effortlessly guided to a hustle that suits you perfectly, or your money back!

450 Ways to Make Money on the Side

Subscribe to see news and new reviews every week.

Share via
Copy link